Graduate of Harrisburg High School
Born in Harrisburg PA, Mr. Archer is committed to helping youth of all ages, having done so for the last 18 years. From coaching, mentoring, and ministry Mr. Archer has been entrenched in the Harrisburg community. A graduate of Harrisburg High School, Mr. Archer received his Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice from Elizabethtown College , and a Masters Degree in Organizational Leadership from Central Penn College.
Currently, Mr. Archer works in the Harrisburg School District as a 7th grade Social Studies teacher at Rowland Academy. He also serves as the Head Men's Basketball coach at Central Penn College. As a basketball coach, Archer has achieved success at the inter scholastic and collegiate levels. He attributes his successes both on and off the court to the following motto: "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care. "
3 Foundation played a major part in the transformation into who Mr. Archer is. "A major part of my transformation came from working with members of the 3 Star foundation. I wouldn't be here without their continued support".
Graduate of Harrisburg High School 2011
1. Where did you grow up?
J.D.: I grew up in Harrisburg,PA. I went from 17th street to Mulberry st.
2. What was your neighborhood like? In other words, how would you describe it?
J.D.: My neighborhood wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. Around me were broken down homes, guns, and violence.
3. Did you have a solid upbringing as far as home structure?
J.D.: Yes I did, my household was strict, caring, and motivating. Not only my household but my whole family was supportive.
4. What were you like before you starting to participate with 3-Star? (attitude, in school, motivation to succeed, on course to graduate, unfriendly, etc.)
J.D.: Before 3-Star I was a bit young minded. At the time I was 17 years of age, and I thought this was a basketball camp.
5. How did you hear about 3-Star? And how many years did you participate?
J.D.: Many of my high school friends were talking about this fun basketball program. They told me you get jerseys and there's a draft. I am currently going into my 5th year with 3-star. (2 playing and 3 coaching)
6. How did 3-Star impact your life? Share the different ways.
J.D.: From personal experience the program helped me become a better man. 3-Star surrounded me with different men to look at and mimic.
7. What are you doing now with your life? And, what are some of your goals for the next 3-5 years?
J.D.: I am currently a lead working for Enterprise car rentals. I am also attending Full Sail university for 4 years attaining a Sports Marketing major. In the near future I either want to become manager for Enterprise or find a career in my field.
8. How did 3-Star prepare you for what you are doing now?
J.D.: 3-Star taught me the little things. Stay focused, work hard, and set the bar higher everyday.
9. If you had it all over to do again, would you be a part of 3-Star?
J.D.: Of course no doubt about it.