The 3-Star Foundation, Inc. was created to challenge area youth to achieve their fullest potential as individuals and community members by providing opportunities for academic (mind), physical (body), and character development (spirit).
- Character Development; through our mentoring sessions, we seek to build character through Christian principles in an effort to motivate each participant to reach their full potential and build personal self-esteem.
3-Star Alumnus Came Back to Visit
One of THE most fulfilling days of my life; Four 3-Star Alumni who came back to our Boys and Girls Club After School Program.
Average number of participants we reached this past year in each program (Sept. 2015 -May 2016)
- High School Winter League- 55 Participants
- Boys and Girls Club Program- 21 Participants
- Nativity School Program- 42 Participants
- Diakon Wilderness Center Program- 18 Participants
- Harrisburg High School Huddle- 14 Participants
- Rowland School Huddle- 32 Participants
Total: 182 Participants
Additional programs this year (2016 - 2017)
- Marshall School: 5th- 8th grade, 500+ students
- Camp Curtain School: 5th- 8th grade, 720 students
Expecting a great school-year/ 2016 season!
Recipient of the 2009 A.K.A. Economic Growth of the
Black Family Anchor Award
"...this award represents your commitment to devise strategies and conduct activities for assisting young males and overcoming the challenges to their educational development and well-being in order to enhance the economic growth of the black family thereby strengthening the community."
How can you get involved?
Through the generosity and support of our sponsors and volunteer staff, the 3-Star Foundation has been able to reach over 750 youth. If you would like to join our efforts, please contact us to learn more about:
We would like to thank you in advance on behalf of the many young men who will be the true recipients of your giving.
- Academic Assistance; we will assist the school district in keeping the students accountable in school in regards to attendance and homework assistance.
- Physical fitness; through our organized basketball league, we assist the participants in getting in better shape and conditioning; eating healthier and exercising is a major emphasis as well.
Coach McFarland pictured with his High School team!
Marshall Math and Science Morning Huddle. A time of prayer, encouragment, and inspiration.
Camp Curtin Academy After School Program